- Determine your guest list - I only invited my twin's Godparents, plus some close relatives. Have it small because this is where all things will depend from. I think we had 50 plus guests.
- DIY things that you can - I diy the invitations, souvenirs, backdrop, candy buffet. For the invitations, I only printed a few pieces and sent the others on Facebook.
|DIY Invitation, Washified Candles and DIY Cupcake Towel|
|Our simple backdrop|
|DIY Candy Buffet|
Bought Dutche Chocolate Syrup from SM Supermarket worth 200 pesos plus the bread sticks. I just had the kreme top cupcakes instead of a real cupcake. I wanted to add whipped cream but don't know how to do it. Originally I planned on having a cupcake topper, but because we don't have any printer it will cost much to have it printed especially in colored so I did not include those. Bought the candies from Marikina which costs P300 plus pesos. The cute plates are gifts for my twins from my hipag. Overall the price of my candy buffet is not exceeding to 1k.
- Cook the menu - My partner insisted on cooking when I told him that he will be exhausted once he is in the church. And he is really good in terms of budgeting the food. I don't know how he did it. We had menudo, pininyahang manok, caldereta, chicken curry, spring rolls and pancit bihon/canton. We placed it on the food warmers that we bought in Divisoria
|The only picture that I have for the food. Pic from my father's phone. I was so busy roaming around to make sure that everyone is eating and entertaining them. :)|
- Have someone shoulder some stuff in short "gift na nila sayo" - My mom shouldered the cake and give us some money to add on our budget. The twin's lolo made "dirty ice cream" which is really a hit to the kids.
|We got the simple dedication cake from Red Ribbon|
- Have someone take pictures.
- Bought simple Baptismal Clothes that can still be use after the event
|Baptismal Clothes P180.00 each|
- Tables, chairs & videoke - I spent 1, 200 for this which is kinda expensive because its December and a lot of people is having parties.
Whew! I think we really did a good job. Our visitors have enough food that day and the kids enjoyed the candy buffet and dirty ice cream so much that they kept on coming back. And to our surprise our generous ninongs and ninangs gave enough ampao plus gifts to the twins that overall if we are going to calculate it we only spent a total of 5k!
So much to be thankful for! I want to thank my partner for budgeting the menus, their lolo's who made the dirty ice creams, my father, tita and brother for helping my partner on cooking, my hipag for helping me decorate the house and for all the people who came to our house to celebrate.
Especially, I am so thankful that my twins are finally Christians which is the most important of all that day. I hope that you two will grow and instill in your hearts the true meaning of this event and become good Christians. I love you to bits my bebe lablabs!