I love weekends because I get to request for a delicious homemade food from boyfie. Last weekend my request was Buffalo Garlic Spicy Wings.
Buffalo wings is an American chicken recipe. It is a chicken wing section (wingette or drumette) that is generally deep-fried, unbreaded, and coated in vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter. They are traditionally served hot, along with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
I got the recipe from Panlasang Pinoy and handed it to boyfie. I know he can manage while I wait and babysit the twins. *insert.evil.laugh.here*
1 kilo chicken wings
1 tsp. Magic Sarap or any granuled seasoning
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup banana ketchup
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. calamansi juice (for fried chicken marinade)
1 Tbsp. calamansi juice (for the sauce)
Cornstarch for coating the chicken
How to cook buffalo wings:
- Wash the chicken wings and remove the any tiny feathers and cut the toenail at the tip.
- Drain any excess water of the washed chicken then coat them with calamansi juice, salt, Magic Sarap, pepper & garlic
- Marinate for at least 1 hour for best result.
- In a deep frying pan, heat some cooking oil, just enough to cover the chicken wings while deep frying.
- Coat the chicken wings with cornstarch before frying. You can use a strong plastic bag then shake and coat the chicken with cornstarch.
- Then deep fry the chicken wings until golden brown. Drain the excess oil in a strainer or paper towel.
- In a saucepan, melt the margarine and add in the hot sauce, calamansi juice and banana ketchup. Mix very well and simmer for a few seconds.
- Then add in the fried chicken wings and stir cook until each have been well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is very yummy and tasty! You can taste the garlic but not that strong and really blended well on the spiciness of the wings. I really love it! I will request for it on my birthday!